Monday, January 24, 2011

Take 5 with "25K"

Chase Goforth (left) and Houston Nutt Jr in 25K
As we gear up for the Oxford Film Festival 2011 to be held at the Malco Studio Theater on Feb. 10-13, 2011, we thought we might introduce you to some of the people behind the movies we can't wait to show you.

Meet Take 5 filmmaker, Billy Chase Goforth, director, writer and star of "25K."
For the full schedule and description of the films, visit www.oxfordfilmfest.com.

Q. 1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

A: A homage to 70's southern drive in films, 25K is a guilty pleasure full of guns & over the top characters. Shot mostly in the Oxford area.
Q. 2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

A: This was my first film, so the biggest lesson I've learned is that the secret to making a film is: Go make a film. You don't have to pull a sword from the stone or have a "big break" to be a filmmaker. You just have to make a film.
The actual production of this film was the best part of making this movie. It's exhausting, but it's the most collaborative and I love working with a focused team. It also helped that almost everyone involved was living in the same house for the two weeks we shot. It was like going off to film camp for the summer.

Q. 3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

A: This is the first film I've written or directed. I've always made short little videos to entertain myself and I did some stop motion stuff when I was a kid, but this is the first real shot at making a feature film. Since shooting 25K I've worked on a few short films, trying to learn more and more. I've really tried to use the experience of making this film to teach myself everything I can, like sound editing and effects software.
I'm officially hooked. I can't wait to make another film.

Q. 4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?

A: Dub it in spanish and portuguese. Sell it to the south american DVD market.
I'm lowballing my dreams with the hopes of being pleasantly surprised. I'd just love to make our small investment back, plus a little extra, then start working on our next movie.

Q. 5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?

A: We're going to submit 25K to other southern flavored festivals. Hopefully we can become a fun movie that people want to watch after a full day of socially conscious and heavier themed films.
I'm finishing up a few screenplays right now. One's a family Christmas film, and another is a racially charged ghost story. Hopefully I'll be shooting one of those next year. Im also working on some serial shorts for the festival circuit, based on old rocket filled sci-fi flicks. Whatever happens, I'll be making movies.

2 comments:

Erik Maurer said...

Excellent website you have here, so much cool information!.. buy dvd le bureau season 2

Anna Schafer said...

Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here... buy dvd tyrant season 3